The Piano Bank has been created to give economically disadvantaged children (age 6 - 16) in Central Florida the opportunity to develop their musical talents by providing them with a piano.
IInvesting in a Child’s Future
Through the generosity of our donors and partnerships with the Steinway Piano Galleries and Advanced Moving Services, we are able to provide “second life” pianos to needy children. Piano study can make a lasting impression on a child’s life.
The “Piano Bank” will make pianos available to economically disadvantaged children who qualify.
- Guidelines and criteria application forms are available from area piano teachers or at the Steinway Piano Galleries.
- Recommendations are made by area piano teachers of students who are motivated and show promise of talent, but cannot afford piano lessons and/or a piano.
- Students may submit an application for review and consideration.
- Qualified students will then audition for the Steinway Society.
- The Steinway Society’s “Piano Bank” may provide a piano to a deserving student.
- Practice/Report cards from the teacher will be provided to the Steinway Society to ensure continued eligibility.
- A child can earn ownership of the loaner piano with continued progress.
This project is funded in part by United Arts of Central Florida and by State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.